The Newborn Anne is a manikin designed for skills training in neonatal resuscitation. With anatomical accuracy and product features designed to focus on the critical resuscitation skills required in the first ten minutes of a newborn’s life, Newborn Anne meets the key components of the Neonatal Resuscitation Program and most other neonatal clinical training curricula.
- Educational effective allowing specific neonatal resuscitation skills to be taught individually or in combination with other skills.
- Realistic anatomical landmarks and durable design simulate a full-term female newborn.
- Lightweight and portable design allows Newborn Anne to be highly mobile for use in multiple clinical settings.
- Newborn Anne is easy to use and has been designed to be integrated into all neonatal training curricula.
- Built from the SimNewB platform, Newborn Anne has been specifically designed with manikin features that are clinically relevant to acquire the skills in training for neonatal life support.
- Newborn Anne accurately represents a full term (40 week), 50th percentile newborn female, measuring 21 inches and weighing 7lbs.
- The airway is designed to allow for training in all aspects of newborn airway management, including the use of positive-pressure airway devices, and the placement of ET tubes and LMAs.
- The torso includes functionality to relieve a tension pneumothorax via needle decompression.
- The patent umbilicus has a manually generated pulse and can be assessed, cut and can be catheterized for IV access.
- Newborn Anne features IO access in both legs.
- Positioning the newborn to simulate opening the airway via head tilt, chin lift or jaw thrust
- Positive Pressure Ventilation (BVM, T-Piece resuscitator, or anesthesia bag)
- ET tube intubation
- LMA insertion
- Orogastric tube insertion
- Stomach distension (when ET is misplaced)
- Suctioning (of the nares, nasopharynx, oropharynx, esophagus and the lungs via an ET tube) - Fluids should not be introduced into the airway
- Meconium module for suction removal
- Bilateral and unilateral (with mainstem intubation) chest rise and fall with mechanical ventilation
- Pneumothorax - Needle thoracentesis left mid axillary (pneumothorax)
- Manual chest compression at appropriate depth (1/3 AP) and force
- Manual umbilical pulse
- Umbilical Vein/ Artery access via patent umbilicus
- IO access in left and right lower leg, tibial tuberosity and medial malleolus
- Full articulation
You can also compare with other products
Gender, age, size
- Full-body manikin
- Endotracheal tubes - insertion, securing and care
- Meconium Aspiration Module
- Needle chest decompression
- Oxygen delivery procedures
- Positive pressure ventilation
- Right mainstem intubation
- Sellick maneuver
- Suctioning techniques
- Auscultation of lung sounds
- Realistic chest rise and fall
- Jaw thrust maneuver (movable jaw)
- Supraglotic Airways
- NPA/OPA insertion
- Anatomical Landmarks
- Chest compression
- Ventilations with visible chest rise
- Bag Valve Mask ventilations
- Feeding Tubes - insertion and removal
Circulatory skills and IV drug administration
- Realistic Flashback
- Umbilical Cord Catheterization
- Volume Infusion
- IO Injections
- Open Mouth
- Interchangeable Pupils